This is a great country for so many more reasons than I could ever name, especially here. We celebrate political, religious, cultural and sexual diversity in every form. We even go so far as to name a “special day” after various types of people to remember and commemorate them.
We have the normal days:
- Presidents Day
- Mothers Day
- Fathers Day
- Grandparents Day
- Independence Day
- Flag Day
- All Saints Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- New Years Day
Then we have the “cute” days:
- Groundhog’s Day
- Girl Scout Day
- April Fools Day
- Administrative Professionals Day (give me a break!)
- Beautician’s Day
- Take Your Son or Daughter to Work Day
- Forgot Day (I forgot that one)
- Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Day
- National S’mores Day
- Left Hander’s Day
Now guess what the brain trust of the country came up with?
Drum roll please………..
The National Waiter and Waitress Day! (May 21)
WHAT! You have got to be kidding!
I have an idea for a day to celebrate waiters and waitresses. How about a few of these winners:
- Get your butt to work on time day
- Wear a clean uniform day
- Take off those gangster earrings day
- Get the order correct day
- Don’t let the buffet run out of food day
- Serve from the left and clear from the right day
- Offer them a second cup of coffee day
- Stop complaining day
- Do your closing side-work before you go home day
- Punch-out for your shift day
I can go on forever…
I need a REAL job!