So You Want To Be a Banquet Manager...Do you have any idea what that really means?
Oh sure, you think wearing a tuxedo is cool & it makes you look like James Bond or something. But it only makes you look like a damm penguin!
The term "the grass is always greener on the other side" really applies here.
This job is great for you if you like the following:
- never getting paid what you’re worth
- working 70-80 hour weeks without any set days off
- always having to deal with cranky chefs & dopey sales people
- never having weekends or holidays off to spend with your family
- dealing with union waiters that make more money than you do
- and worst of all, absolutely NO job security
Other than that, it’s a great job.
Some of your main job responsibilities will be:
- pleading with the waiters to come in for a last minute (pop-up) event
- having to explain to them why the gratuity (tip) was so low for the event (greedy bastards!)
- arguing with the sales manager as to why giving you the room diagram on Saturday morning for a Saturday night event is not acceptable (duh!)
- explaining to the General Manager on Monday why you “harassed” her when she “got you the diagram as quickly as she could” (that bitch!)
- fighting with the chef because he didn’t give you enough food for the damm buffet (happens all the time)
- explaining to your wife why you can’t go to her friends dopey birthday party tonight because you need to “do a double” because your assistant called in sick (even though you planned it that way)
I need a REAL job...
Next Post: Holiday Party and New Years Eve Horror Stories