Friday, July 22, 2011

My Final Post


Well after 3 years and 370 posts, I must say farewell to this blog and the people that have been my faithful readers.


It's just that after all these years, its getting harder finding the time to sit down at my computer and tell you what it's like to be a banquet manager.


I never wanted to rehash an old story, or make up something that didn't happen, just to find some words to post on this blog.   That's not my style.


I want to thank all of you that have supported this blog over these years and took the time to post a comment.   
A special thank you goes out to the fellow hotel managers and servers/bartenders that have linked their blogs to mine.


The additional readers that have come here because of this are too many to count.  I only hope that you too have attained many new readers that have come from here to your sites.


Because of your support, we reached many milestones too.  This blog received some awards and many of my posts have been copied and posted on other blogs (hey, shouldn't I be paid for that?).


But what I'm most surprised at, is that this site is still ranked 1st of any site on the web for the search term "banquet manager".  We're still number 1 on Google, Yahoo, Bing and Aol. Kinda cool right?


In closing, thank you all for using some of YOUR precious time and stopping by to read the latest from my world.  It's appreciated more than you know.


Take care...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like this story? Get all my posts send to you by email. Click here... AddThis Feed Button

Share Like this story? Share it with your friends and family on Facebook. Share

17 comments:

Ms. Attitude said...

This is just too sad. I have enjoyed reading the stories and good luck in the future!

Chicago Wedding Guy said...

It was fun while it lasted. Reading your posts made me not have to write a blog of my own. We all go through the same things, and never have the time to sit down and write about them all. Good luck and have fun!

LordSomber said...

Cheers and good luck.

purplegirl said...

So sorry to see you go!

Anonymous said...

Nooooo!!! Don't go! How else are we supposed to get our HORRIBLE Wedding Crasher/Bridezilla fixes every day?!



So sad to see you go sir. You've been an institution!


Crimson Crustacean

Classier Corn said...

Hi there,
Sorry to here that.
Good Luck!
Best Regards

SkippyMom said...

Well gee - go out of town for a week to come back to this? No fair! :D

But I do understand. Thank you for 3 years of enjoyable reading and keeping me in touch with the hotel industry [that I still sort of, kind of miss].

Take care and best of luck.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the amazing stories! Really sorry to see you go!! Hopefully you change your mind and continue writing, if not; all the best!

Best regards,
Tim, a loyal reader from the Netherlands

P. F. Blogger said...

Good bye old friend!

Niza Umar -- nizatulasmar@yahoo.com said...

Oh No!!! Sob sob .. bye bye

Jaipur Property said...

Thanks for the amazing stories! Really sorry to see you go!! Hopefully you change your mind and continue writing......so Please log on our website for Jaipur Property

Steven Nicolle said...

Banquet Manager I wish you all the best. You have been here since I started blogging. One of the first I read and enjoyed. I understand why you left. I mean how many times can you complain about the same old things in a different context.lol
Anyway good health to you and your family and keep in touch and send me an email let me know how you are doing.

Ian Jamieson said...

All the best, It's been a pleasure.

David Earnest said...

Wow such a nice and awesome information shared here with good stuff....
Amet Haveli Udaipur
Thanks

annie cyrus said...

Banquet halls are great venues for different events and gatherings and differ with the amenities and services they provide.
corporate event places in ny

Brian fenlon said...

what a Great Blog! Sorry to see it end! Thank you for the years of input and knowledge! Brian Francis Fenlon - Banquets Manager

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me to tell the truth! Thank you so much for "spilling the beans" on this career. http://banquetfiascos.blogspot.com/