- On what vegetable did an ancient Egyptian place his right hand when taking an oath? A: The onion. Its round shape symbolized eternity.
- How many flowers are in the design stamped on each side of an Oreo cookie? A: Twelve. Each has four petals.
- Black-eyed peas are not peas. What are they? A: Beans
- What European nation consumes more spicy Mexican food than any other? A: Norway
- What part of the banana is used to make banana oil? A: No part. Banana oil, a synthetic compound made with amyl alcohol, is named for its banana-like aroma.
- Under what name did the Domino's Pizza chain get its start? A: DomNick's
- What was margarine called when it was first marketed in England? A: Butterine
- What are the two top selling spices in the world? A: Pepper is 1st and mustard is second.
- What was the name of Cheerios when it was first marketed 50 years ago? A: Cheerioats
- What is the most widely eaten fish in the world? A: The Herring
- What is the name of the evergreen shrub from which we get capers? A: The caper bush.
- What fruits were crossed to produce the nectarine? A: None. The nectarine is a smooth skinned variety of the peach.
- What animals milk is used to make authentic Italian mozzarella cheese? A: The water buffalo's.
Friday, February 11, 2011
Food Trivia #4 Answers
Ok, I know all of you couldn't sleep the last few days without knowing the answers to this quiz. So here they are...